Friday, September 19, 2008

What's Wrong With This Picture











I saw this ad on the way to work this morning. Air Tran should fire their marketing firm pronto. What were they thinking comparing a ride in one of their planes to a roller coaster? Roller coasters are exciting. If there is one thing in my life I want to be exceptionally boring it's a plane ride. I want it in no way to resemble a roller coaster. I know the point of this ad is probably to say "hey fly with us and you'll be on a roller coaster in no time!" But that's not what I got from the ad at all and I have been to other blogs that agree.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezraball/2694774830/

http://realfake.org/blog/2008/07/22/airtran-roller-coaster/

This is not the first Air Tran ad that I found to be a head-scratcher.


Maybe it's just me but this commercial gives me the creeps. What about springing long term babysitting duties on an unsuspecting elderly couple is supposed to make me want to fly Air Tran? "Air Tran: Wicked assholes fly with us!" "Air Tran: Fly with us and feel as though you are plummeting to your death!"

If this is all it takes to make money in marketing, bad ideas that is, sign me up! I have a slew of bad ideas!

No comments: