Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm just not ready

There was a definite chill in the air today. The sort of chill that isn't a temporary blip. It's fall. Ordinarily I'd be all kinds of excited about the cooler weather; fall wardrobe, the big switch from iced to hot tea, good hair days and the visions of skiing in a few months. All of these are welcome to me in September. I have always valued having a fall birthday. September 30th is a great time of year around here. But...

August was cold. Most of the month was wet and chilly. I found myself wearing a jacket in August. Even in New England that is just absurd. Thus the beginning of autumn is bittersweet. I like the idea of a fire in the fireplace and the cool, crisp, breathable air. But I feel as though I have been robbed of a month of summer.

So, mother nature, if it pleases you please send a few unseasonably warm days our way. Much appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does it have to be Google??? My email isnt on anymore, it wont let me sign in :(