Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dance Like No One's Watching?

Well, I do that all the time in the appropriate setting. I mean if I'm out dancing I don't really hold back. There are terrible pictures of me dancing at people's weddings (yes that picture, Doc Sue) because I just don't care at all what I look like when I'm cutting it up. I know I must look a fool when I'm out there killing it on the dance floor, but I simply can't help it. I just lose all control. I've been told I'm the life of the party but really I think it's just a nice way of saying I'm a total dork.

So when I walked by Borders this morning and Adam Ant was coaxing me with his Goody Two Shoes, I had a really hard time keeping my pace and continuing on to work. Damn Borders and their awesome outdoor speakers. I honestly wanted to just drop what I was carrying and dance to Adam Ant. That would have been crazy, right? Yes, definitely crazy. If I had been with someone else that had that same urge and two of us took to dancing in front of Borders at 8:30am on a Tuesday morning it may have seemed less crazy, right? I mean we may have been able to get all the johnny-punch-clocks to actually dance a jig before heading into their mundane desk jobs. Everyone in downtown crossing would have had a better day because of the two people that spontaneously danced on their way to work. We would have had a crowd of people dancing to Goody Two Shoes! I know it! At least that's the way it would have worked out with two people dancing...in my head...sigh. One person dancing in front of Borders would have inspired all the johnny-punch-clocks to call the cops.

And here is my question to you...would you be that person to drop everything and dance with me to Adam Ant at 8:30am in downtown crossing Boston? Would you?

3 comments:

dizzy lizzy said...

you know that I would. girl, please. I might have even done it alone!

Michael said...

yes, and were out all night and on my way home at 8:30am.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely (btw, sorry if this is a double post, blogger doesn't like me)