Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tunisia

We are at our last port and two hours from now we will be shoving off for our last day of our vacation. I know I’ll be leaving for home with mixed feelings. I will look forward to living in my home again. This little cabin is pretty confining and the shower is teeny tiny. I’ll miss waking up in a new city every day and the feeling that there is a new adventure lying ahead. I will not miss dressing for dinner every night. What a pain.

Tunis was interesting but slightly disappointing. Our tour guide was a long winded idiot. He gave information that should have taken 10 minutes in 3 hours. He just kept repeating himself over and over and pausing for dramatic effect in between every other word. We did see some amazing things like the place where they did human sacrifices and aqueducts that were remarkably well preserved. Too bad the crappy tour didn’t actually stop at the aqueducts so I couldn’t get a picture. Grrr. Oh and the locals chucked rocks at us as we were leaving. I don’t recommend Tunisia.

We came back to the boat, took a soak in the hot tub and decided to nap. In doing so I kicked the camera off the bed and broke my lens. It still works but the zoom is acting really funny. I can’t believe it. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! Grrr.

I am sad to be leaving and getting back to reality but part of me is ready. I miss all of you! We’ll see you soon!

Oh, and Michael rode a camel.

No comments: